10 Minute Ab Routine
Getting that tight and toned flat stomach doesn’t have to take hours per week. And it isn’t rocket science, either. While genetics are a factor, the two most important factors are totally up to you: your diet and how much work you’re willing to put in.
But if you’re looking for a routine that will leave your abs screaming (in a good way) without taking up a huge chunk of your day keep reading!
The following ab circuit requires no equipment and can be done in your very own home. Start with the plank before moving onto the next exercise, and continue through the circuit until you’ve completed all four exercises for your abs.
Aim for little to no rest as you move from one exercise to the next, but don’t be discouraged if you’re unable to start the next movement right away. Just be honest with yourself and continue on as soon as you’re able.
Set a goal to complete the routine 3 times through, which should take about 10 minutes. We’ve provided some helpful videos that will show you how to do each exercise if you’re unfamiliar with anything.
Image Credit: fitgirlfanblog
Standard Plank (30 Seconds)
- Get down on all fours with your upper body resting on your forearms.
- Lift your lower body off the ground, resting your weight on your toes. Begin counting the seconds now.
- Keep your abs tight and your back straight.
- Avoid letting your midsection droop or raising your hips too high.
15 Modified V-Ups
- Lie on your back with your arms and your side and legs extended.
- Simultaneously perform a situp (with your arms extended), while bending your legs at the knee and raising them towards your chest.
- Your upper body should come about 45 degrees off the ground, while your legs should come close to a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly return to the starting position to complete 1 rep.
20 Cross-Body Mountain Climbers (10 per side)
- Start on the ground in a pushup position supporting your weight at your hands and toes.
- Bring your left knee forward, while rotating your hip so that you are bringing your left knee to the opposite side.
- Slowly return to the beginning position before repeating the movement with your right leg.
Cross-Body Toe Touches (20 per side)
- Lie flat on your back with your hands behind your head.
- Bring your left hand to meet your right foot, or as close as you can get. Your leg should stay straight.
- Return to the starting position to complete 1 rep.
- Repeat the movement, this time bringing your right hand to meet your left foot.
Make sure to pin this so you can refer back to it whenever needed, and follow us on Pinterest for more great advice! :))